Residential Villages are designed for first-year students with similar interests or academic majors. Students live together and take similar courses.
During the semester you have an opportunity to easily form study groups; have faculty presentations; participate in related programs such as field trips, movie nights and guest lectures; and have peer-resources living right down the hall. Residential Villages provide many opportunities for you to live, learn, and excel all within the comfort of your new home.
Villages You Can Choose From
Artist’s Colony - For students interested in Studio, Performing or Visual Arts
Doctor’s Lounge - For students interested in Pre-Health Sciences
The Boardroom - For students interested in being future business leaders
Clinical Corner - For students interested in Health Sciences
Why choose a Residential Village?
Living/Learning communities are programs that closely tie one’s academic or lifestyle interests to his/her living space. These programs provide close contact with faculty and other students with similar interests right in the comfort of your own residence hall. There’s something for everyone!
Benefits of Village Life
- Living with others who share your interests or major.
- Speakers and programs geared specifically towards you.
- Easier to form study groups.
- Close relationship with your advisor.
How to Apply for a Residential Village
It’s easy, just follow these steps!
- Go to the Fall Housing webpage to begin the online housing application process, via the MyVCUHousing link. That process will be accessible online on March 19, 2013.
- Pay the required $250 Housing Prepayment when submitting your housing application (see the Fall Housing web page for more information). Skipping this Prepayment step in the process will delay your assignment.
- Be sure to include the Residential Village(s) of your choice when you list your residence hall preferences(follow the instructions noted within the application).
APPLY AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE: The sooner you submit your housing application and complete the Prepayment process, the more likely you will be placed in the Residential Village of your choice.
New for Fall 2013-Spring 2014: The Leadership Advancement Program
The Leadership Advancement Program is a new opportunity for incoming first-year students who are interested in and committed to developing their leadership potential. Students accepted to the program will arrive on campus early for the Fall 2013 semester (on August 11, 2013, rather than Fall Move-In Weekend, August 17-18). There are no additional charges to participate in this program.
During the initial week, Leadership Advancement students will engage in intensive, interactive experiences with upper-level VCU students and key administrators. Students will also participate in leadership development and team-building activities with one another during smaller, more intimate sessions. This program is an excellent way to make connections with the VCU community while living and learning with other students committed to developing their leadership skills. The Leadership Advancement Program has limited space in Johnson Hall (please note that if selected for this program, Johnson Hall will become your first housing preference over other first-year residence halls).
To apply for the Leadership Advancement Program, please click here to access the application.
New Incoming Students (2013-14)
- 2013-2014 Housing Contract Terms & Conditions
- 2013-2014 Proposed Housing Rates (updated 04.22.13)
- Residence Hall Policies
- 2013-2014 Housing Prepayment Form (check/money order)
Current Students (2012-13)
- 2012-2013 Housing Contract Terms & Conditions
- 2012-2013 Housing Rates
- Maintenance Requests
- ResNet Support Requests
- Residence Hall Policies
Office of Residential Life & Housing
301 W. Cary St.
P.O. Box 842530
Richmond, Va. 23284
Phone: (804) 828-7666