Spring 2013 Housing Application FAQs
- Will I get my preferred room and residence hall choice?
- Do I have to pay a $250 Pre-Payment?
- How do my friend and I request to be roommates?
- How and when will I get my room assignment?
- How do I complete my VCU Housing Contract?
- What if I change my mind? Can I cancel?
- What if I want to change my room assignment?
For freshmen: Freshman housing for Spring 2013 is limited and based on availability.
For upperclassmen and graduate students: Upperclassman and graduate student housing for the Spring 2013 semester is limited and based on availability.
When submitting your room preferences, keep the "Do Not" instructions in mind:
- Do not list the same room choice three times. Choose three different room styles and/or residence halls on your application.
- Do not choose a specialty housing option among your housing preferences unless you have been accepted/approved by the VCU department in charge of that option (such as Honors College housing).
Students applying for Spring 2013 housing will NOT be required to pay a $250 Housing Pre-payment.
For the Spring 2013 housing application process, the roommate preference option is not available.
Room Assignment Notification letters are sent electronically, to your VCU email. If you submit a Spring 2013 housing application online by Thursday, December 20, 2012, your notification letter will be emailed by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, December 21st.
Students who complete a Spring 2013 housing application after December 20th will be receive a notification letter the week of January 2, 2013, following the university’s Winter Break (scheduled for Dec. 22, 2012 – Jan. 1, 2013).
Be sure to check your VCU email for your room assignment letter and for other important housing-related messages.
Instructions for that process will be included in your electronic Room Assignment Notification letter, which will be sent to you via your VCU email.
If you do not electronically sign your VCU Housing Contract within that 5-day period, your assignment will be cancelled and your room will be offered to another student.
Students new to VCU Housing for the Spring 2013 semester may request cancellation of their housing assignment/housing contract without penalty by 4:30 p.m. Thursday, January 3, 2013. After that date, cancellations are not usually permitted and are considered on a case-by-case basis. To request cancellation of your Spring 2013 housing assignment/contract, you must submit the Request to Cancel 2012-2013 Housing Contract.
Room changes are allowed after the official class registration add/drop period has ended. Room change requests must be approved by the student’s residence Hall Director.
New Incoming Students (2013-14)
- 2013-2014 Housing Contract Terms & Conditions
- 2013-2014 Proposed Housing Rates (updated 04.22.13)
- Residence Hall Policies
- 2013-2014 Housing Prepayment Form (check/money order)
Current Students (2012-13)
- 2012-2013 Housing Contract Terms & Conditions
- 2012-2013 Housing Rates
- Maintenance Requests
- ResNet Support Requests
- Residence Hall Policies
Office of Residential Life & Housing
301 W. Cary St.
P.O. Box 842530
Richmond, Va. 23284
Phone: (804) 828-7666